[cram-developers] cleaning up cl_json_pl_*

Georg Bartels georg.bartels at cs.uni-bremen.de
Thu Feb 6 14:32:02 CET 2014

Hi all,

I spent some time cleaning up cl_json_pl_client/server. Basically, the
changes are the following:

- Merged both packages together into a new ROS package cram_json_prolog
because they belong together.
--> internals remained unchanged as the lisp code of both were already
in lisp package :json-prolog
--> depending packages only need to change the ROS dependency in
manifest/package.xml to make the move. The Lisp code was untouched.

- Changed dependency on json_prolog into new knowrob package
json_prolog_msgs to get rid of direct dependency on knowrob code.
--> No need to compile knowrob, rosjava_jni, etc. when compiling CRAM
code. Of course, if you need knowrob you still need to compile it. But
only then.

- Moved cram_json_prolog (with history of cl_json_pl_client/server) into
cram_bridge because it actually is a bridge between CRAM and Knowrob.
--> No dependency conflicts with the move out of cram_highlevel as
cram_json_prolog only depends on cram_core, cram_3rdparty, and knowrob.

So far, so good. Next, I would go ahead and add deprecation warnings to
cl_json_pl_server and cl_json_pl_client to not break code for others.
How long do we want to keep deprecated functionality around until we
delete it from its old place?

Cheers,
Georg.