[cram-developers] CRAM meeting notes

Georg Bartels georg.bartels at cs.uni-bremen.de
Wed Dec 18 17:17:09 CET 2013

Hi,

over the summer, Jan and Moritz (in dicussion with Michal, Hartmut and
Asil) have worked on logging of low-level data in a MongoDB database
outside of CRAM. That tool-chain does not use execution traces but is
working during plan execution. My impression was that they preferred
this new tool-chain over execution traces.

Our discussion this week was how to proceed with execution traces (now
that an alternative system is in active use + they are the only core
package without unit-tests) in the future. My point was that execution
traces seem to offer features the new tool-chain does not have, and they
are there and probably working. Hence, my suggestion to add unit-tests
(and maybe a tutorial or two) to clarify and document their usage in
case someone wants to use/extent them in the future again. As both Jan
and Moritz were not in Bremen, we did not make any decision on Tuesday.
Hence, we could continue discussing online. ;)

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Cheers,
Georg.